Improving the customer experience has been paramount for some time, and 2016 will be no different according to Intersec’s Laurent Michel…
Which developing or emerging markets (regions / countries) do you cover?
- CSPs in Africa, Middle-East, Asia Pacific and Latin America
- Location data monetisation with contextual services
- Customer base management for real-time marketing automation
What are your main hardware and/or services focus areas?
Intersec develops streaming analytics software for telecom operators with the goal of:
- Making Big and fast data actionable
- Boosting value by providing tailored services/relevant interactions across the entire customer lifecycle
- Monetising telco data with field-proven services, unlocking new revenues streams (new services, new segments, new offers)
What are the top market and customer trends that will drive change in your area during 2016, and why?
Customer experience to be a top priority in all regions:
- Africa: focus on the advent of LTE (for B2C and B2B) and mobile broadband monetization
- APAC & ME: data monetisation and personalised customer experience. Launch of contextual services (based on location, demographic and usage data) for a value-based differentiation
- Latam: key driver to be convergence in the most advanced markets in the region, with bundled offers for more value and higher retention
What are the solutions that will make the greatest impact in your area during 2016, and why?
LTE, LTE-Advanced solutions and small cells: to enhance the network capacity, throughput, speed and coverage.
CEM solutions to improve the customer experience, reduce churn and increase revenue.
B2B solutions to create adapted business offers for enterprise and SMEs, and efficiently manage enterprise fleets
What changes need to be made to speed up developments and what can hold them back?
Speed up: current price wars and killing the value and threatening long-term investment.
Ensuring MNO value creation will require:
- Converged and transparent approach to the business segment, with relevant services
- Convergence/bundled offers for acquisition and retention in the consumer market
- Unified and personalised experience across all touchpoints, with relevant actions for every interaction
Which of the following will be the most important in emerging markets in 2016?
Mobile Data; Big Data
All these elements are linked to customer experience management, key to reduce churn and increase loyalty. Customers are waiting for an accurate answer to their specific needs, not for mass-market offers.
Laurent Michel is the Marketing Director at Intersec.